ASDA & George Information and Services
Customer aiding information
Beds & Mattresses Buying Guide
Quality of sleep is priceless and after all you spend on average 8 hours sleeping everyday so getting it right is essential. At Asda our range of beds, divans and mattresses gives you outstanding choice and incredible value so you can achieve the perfect night’s sleep.
Your style of bed
Keep in mind the space you have and who the bed is for. We have a great range of single, double and king size beds in a variety of styles and finishes so you can find the perfect bed. A great tip for smaller spaces is to get a bed that has under bed storage or drawers. If you’re having guests over why not consider a guest bed or sofabed?
Your size of bed
A great bed should be 10 to 15cm longer than the tallest person. You should be able to lie beside one another with elbows out yet not touching. Try this on the floor to work out what size you need for undisturbed sleep! Remember – the bigger the bed the more sleeping space you have!
Your kind of mattress
A good mattress follows your body contours and aligns your spine for optimum posture.
- Open Sprung: The most widely used, great value sprung system with linked springs to disperse your body weight, holding its shape by rod or wire at the edge.
- Ortho: A firmer bed created by using springs with a higher gauge. If you suffer from back problems this may not be suitable as it won’t support your joints fully.
- Tufted: Tapes are passed right through the mattress holding all the fillings and fibres in lace, this reduces disturbance when your partner turns in their sleep.
- Pocket Sprung: Offers great support as each spring is housed in its own fabric pocket and therefore moves independently when touched, reducing disturbance when turning.
- Memory Foam: Used on top of springs it moulds to your body providing excellent back and joint support, relieving pressure points and reducing restlessness and turning.
We recommend that you change your bed every 10 years. Every item comes with detailed instructions so simply follow them for years of lasting value. Get the most comfortable and supportive nights sleep with our range of bedding for adults and children and mattress protectors.
All of our manufacturers are members of the National Bed Federation and they all manufacture their products, which are made to order, in the UK.