ASDA & George Information and Services
Customer aiding information
Spa Buying and Installation Guide
The brand new ranges of spas that have been introduced to the Asda Direct website are a premium range of products supplied by renowned specialists within the field of spa manufacture and installation. Below are a few bits of information on what features you may find useful and with a bit of luck will help you to choose the perfect spa for your lifestyle.
Hydrotherapy is a superb way of relieving aches and pains with the use of high pressure jets that massage your body. By massaging, they relax the body and reduce stress. It has also been shown to help people who suffer from arthritic or injured joints, helping these people to get a good, sound night’s sleep. The benefits are not only in joints but you will see healthier skin in the mirror as the jets exfoliate your skin and open your pores. In fact, these spas are so good for you they are classed as a medical physiotherapy device.
Canadian Spa Company ensures that all of their spas have a good, constant pressure by keeping a low ratio of jets to power from the pumps. By keeping this pressure the jets are able to give a deep massage to you, from all angles!
• Square Feet Filtration
The spa’s water is drawn through up to 100 square feet of filter material that removes impurities form the water. The water is then heated and purified using ozone.
A properly maintained spa will keep the water fresh and clean for many months.
Ozone is a gas pumped into the spa that is used to purify the water, meaning that less chlorine is needed to sterilise the bathing water.
The heated Air Aromatherapy injector allows the user to enjoy perfume fragrance, or essential oils while enjoying their spa without contaminating the Spa water.
• LED Lights
These provide a calm relaxing ambience in the spa whilst also being practical and minimising risk of tripping over steps whilst moving around.
Several considerations need to be taken when choosing a site for a spa. Here are some recommendations –
• Delivery Passageway
The spa will arrive as a unit, and cannot be disassembled. Ideally the spa will be placed on a trolley, either on its side or on its base. The unit will then be rolled into place easily crossing grass, gravel, and small terrain anomalies. For safe and non-intrusive installation, we require an opening not less than the size of your spa (see dealer for current sizes) plus at least 40cm height for the trolley and a minimum of 5cm clearance on each side. If your access does not meet these conditions, or in the case of other obstacles (steps, fences, walls, steep hills, etc.) contact Asda (Canadian Spa Company) for advice and conditions.
• Minimum Dimensions for Delivery Passageway
|Spa||Minimmum Width||Minimum Height|
• Location & Base
A sheltered environment can result in lower operating and maintenance costs. You must allow 1 metre clearance for access to the spa’s access panel for servicing.
1. The site you select for your spa MUST be a flat, level continuous surface that fully contacts the bottom of the spa.
2. Your new spa weighs between 300-450kg when dry, and when filled to capacity weighs 900-2300kg. Therefore a solid support is essential when the spa is mounted on a deck or ground level patio/floor. We recommend that you install your spa at ground level. This allows easy access to equipment.
3. A 10 to 15cm thick re-enforced concrete slab is ideal, but not required. In most cases your spa can be placed on properly installed existing patios.
4. The base must be at least the size of the bottom of your spa (see dealer for current sizes).
5. Water should always drain away from the spa. DO NOT locate your spa in a low run-off area since melting snow or rain could flood the area and cause pump and equipment damage.
6. DO NOT situate spa near or under overhead wires, keeping clear of all electrical appliances.
• Installation and Electrical Hookup
Have a licensed electrician run the required 230 Volt power line to the spa installation site. This power line must be permanently connected (hard-wired) to the mains supply. Do not use extension cords or plug-in type connections. At the site where the spa is to be located leave 5 metres of cable and the appropriate cable gland. All electrical wiring to a spa must be installed by a qualified, licensed electrician, and meet local building/electrical codes. A certificate from the electrician verifying it has been tested must be obtained.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to supply the recommended power will void the Manufacturer's Warranty!
• For all spas the power supplied must be red protected dedicated supply - see below for supply rating
|Single Pump System||Winnipeg||20 Amp|
|Single Pump with Blower||Montreal||20 Amp|
|Twin Pump System||Niagara||25 Amp|
|Swim Spa||St. Lawrence||45 Amp|