ASDA & George Information and Services
Customer aiding information
Please note: We advise you to check the description of the product you wish to order, some larger items may take longer than our standard delivery option to arrive, generally these items will be free delivery.
For all mainland UK and Northern Ireland orders placed before 12 noon Mon-Fri, we will attempt to deliver your order within 3 to 5 working days from when you placed the order.
We make every effort to deliver your order within the specified timescales, however where it is not possible to meet these timescales due to unforeseen circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control, we will notify you and advise you of an anticipated delivery date. This does not affect your statutory rights.
For all mainland UK orders there is a delivery charge of £4.99. All UK orders over £75 will be delivered Free of charge.
It is the same delivery lead time and delivery prices whether you order a product on this website or over the phone to our Customer Services Team.
Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
We can deliver your order to almost any international destination. The delivery charge for your order will be shown on the delivery details page, based on the total weight plus volume of the order and your delivery address.
Please note: It is a legal requirement that we declare the full value of the goods on all packages destined outside the European Union, and shipments may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; unfortunately we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Returning goods on which duty has been paid If you have paid import duty for goods received, and subsequently return the goods to us, it should be possible for you to claim a refund of duties from your local Customs authority. To do this, you will need to show them proof of duty paid and proof of export (e.g. certificate of posting) when claiming your refund.
Should you have any further queries on duties payable/refundable, please contact your local Customs authority.
- If you decide to have your order delivered to a different address than your own, a signature will still be required and the general conditions of delivery will remain unchanged.
- All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you in the order. We may, at our discretion and expense (if there is any additional expense over the cost of delivering the order all at one time), deliver parts of your order separately. If we cannot deliver the products to you at the address you have specified for any reason, we will notify you and store the products. If you wish us to redeliver the products to you, you will need to authorise us to charge your credit card/debit card for such re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within 28 days, we will cancel the order and refund your payment to you less any reasonable delivery charges we have incurred.
- A signature from an adult aged 18 years or over will be required to receive the order. Ownership of the products shall pass to you once the products have been delivered to you and we have received payment in full in cleared funds.
Message Card and Gift Wrapping
- Your gifts can be delivered in our beautifully presented gift boxes for just £4.99 per item. Each box carries the Hamleys logo and comes with a gift card for your personal message. Enter your personal message into the fields provided, (up to a maximum of 4 lines and 80 characters). If you would like to change your gift wrap options, simply select from the drop down box. Once you are happy with your selections, click 'continue' to proceed with your purchase. Please note: Gift wrap is not available on all items, (extra large items such as rocking horses and sit and ride vehicles are excluded).
- The last order date for guaranteed Christmas delivery will be Wednesday 19th December for UK mainland orders only. For all other destinations our deadline for Christmas delivery is Monday 17th December.