Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 33
Rated 2 out of 5 by Dagobah Why it's better than the old one!
There has been so many improvements and also bad things.
I never owned the old AT AP but the old AT AP from 2008 was smaller but it came with a shock trooper(which is awesome) it was smaller and easier to build.
24 October 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kr0n0s360 This set is one of my favorites. It has an excellent build awesome mini-figures and great play ability functions. The top and sides can open to get to the inside of the tank and there are a bunch of guns on it including the spring loaded missiles. it's fairly stable but it will fall over when you open the top if it's on carpet. Luckily it's really nicely built so it wont break if it falls over although sometimes the circular pieces on the third leg will fall off. The size of it is amazing for a 717 piece set and the price per piece is one of the best deals I've ever seen. Overall this set is definitely worth buying.
22 February 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MattShrugged One of my favorite Clone Wars sets.
I am a big fan of walker-style vehicles from the Star Wars universe but had held off on purchasing the AT-AP because I was somewhat skeptical of its size for the money. That said, I finally broke down and bought it. I could not be more happy that I did.
First, I want to clear up some of the negatives of the set which I don't feel personally impact my rating but some other people might take issue with them.
- The back of the set looks incomplete as it has a significantly large ledge and large gaps that allow you to see directly into the interior of the set. If this sort of thing bothers you, it may not be an ideal set for you.
- The third leg takes some adjusting to sit right so sometimes it can look as if it is hovering just off the surface.
That all said, let's look at the positives of this set.
- Starting from the bottom, the walker has two wide feet which grants it great stability. Even without the third leg, it stands up perfectlyu and looks good.
- The third leg is a stabilization leg for a "firing mode", so it can actually be folded up and a latch in the back can be used to hold it in a folded up position, a nice little feature.
- The internal cockpit is beautifully detailed with two small computer displays and a large shared display for both seats. There are two seats for mini figs and, with some maneuvering, two more could fit inside.
- It comes with two great minifigures - a Wookie and Commander Gree.
- The top turret can lock into place or be unlocked to swivel and provide a better range of fire for the main cannon.
Overall, this set is well worth purchasing and looks great along side the AT-TE and additional clone troopers. If you are on the fence about adding this to your collection, go ahead and do so.
18 January 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by tucker132 great set
this set was very good best one in this wave of star wars sets. the at-ap is very sturdy and wont fall over. the only bad thing about this sets is it only comes with two minifigs which are awesome but i wish we would have gotten some 41st troopers in this set like we got the the droid set. but over all this set was very good and would buy it again and time.
07 January 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by EwokLover LOVE IT
I love this set, I love all the AT-AT's and most all the Star Wars sets, I just love the sets from the original three movies.
I will say that its a bit frustrating when getting all the parts to stay put and lay well however in my opinion that makes it more fun.
27 December 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Arinn AT-AP, The real King of the Jungle!
I bought this set for myself as I missed the earlier version of the set. Upon opening the box I am greeted with numbered bags, instructions and a numerous number of stickers...unfortunately
The numbered bags Lego has introduced makes the set easier to build for the younger years even though the set in its entirety is a little complex.
Building the set (For advanced Lego enthusiasts) is a fun and rewarding experience, I learnt new techniques and ways to place bricks to achieve amazing angles and gradients across the build.
The colour scheme of the set i s quite accurate to the movie, and the light to deep green colours make the set pop!
- All three feet are fully movable, with the third leg in a swivel joint rather than a ratchet system enabling the neat tucking away when not in use
- The set features new minifigures including a Wookie and Commander Gree - Paint work and molding is amazing on both figures.
- The build is surprisingly sturdy, even on two legs allowing younger builders to experience all the fun without the need to tedious balance the set
- Spring loader missile and spare is included to up the ante and play ability
- Quite large and robust packed with features and spots for minifigures
- The wookie gets two guns!
- Not enough troopers to fill all seats provided
- Top mounted gun includes a sticker that does not line up with a minifigure. Ground mounted control panel...
- Spring loader missile intersects with the clone mounting the turret decreasing face appeal
- Main gun cannot swivel about the y or x axis and the top mounted gun has limited y - axis movement.
- Difficult to 'pose' the vehicle due to the nature of the legs and the system by which they operate
- Centre of Mass is not in the 'centre' of the set which means that the set is prone to easily tipping if too much weight (by hands) is applied to one side or when the roof is opened.
Overall, this is definitely a set to add to your collection - the price here in Australia is a little high for the pieces, but such thing is to be expected...
Recommend the Droid Gunship and Kashyyyk Troopers Battle Pack for maximum fun and to delete the problem with having too little troopers to man all seats.
Iconic set that cannot be missed again!
18 October 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brickkid5291 Brilliant but needs more wookies
A brilliant set but needs more wookies cut out the clone and add another wookie .
All of the guns move
Good detail on figures
One of the new flick missiles on top
Not enough wookies
Cant think of any others
Good set to own would like to buy 2 but just bought the AT-AT as well.-Brickkid5291
27 August 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Minifigfan2000 SOOOOOO worth it for darth raven!!!
i got this set from lego on may the fourth and it was amazing!! i also got set 75035 and set 75037 with this set combined was better that amazing and with Darth raven commanding the droid army so worth it
25 August 2014