Garden Calendar - January
January is a forward-looking month when we can plan what could achievable over the coming year. The possibilities are endless with new varieties of flowers, fruit and vegetables to grow and brand new products to try. Let's see what is new for 2013 and how these items are going to make our gardening easier and more exciting.
Start work in your Garden!
- Spend some time this month planning what you want to plant and when.
- Salad vegetables and some fruits need to be planted early so make sure you are organised!
- A wide variety of seeds and bulbs are available to buy in most Asda stores from February onwards.
- For all the ethical gardeners out there, now is the time to install your new water butt, or check and clean your existing one.
- Using our great value range of both garden power tools and hand tools, ensure your hedges and shrubs are trimmed and shaped to perfection for the coming growing season.
Recycle your Christmas tree and shred it for mulch to add to your compost.