Top 5 lawn care tips
- For the perfect lawn, feed twice a year. Use a high-nitrogen fertiliser in spring to encourage vigorous growth, and an specially-formulated autumn feed to strengthen roots later in the year.
- Lawns that are closely cut can be at risk of drying out over the summer. Keep your grass in good shape by allowing grass to grow a little longer, raising mower blades and cutting less frequently.
- After mowing, trim the edges of your lawn with a pair of long-handled edging shears to leave a crisp, tidy finish.
- Keep lawns healthy by raking the surface in autumn to remove any dead grass, moss, weeds and other debris that's built up over the year. If you don't want to do it by hand, try the Flymo 3400 electric lawn rake.
- Avoid stepping on lawns if they're covered in frost or snow. It can damage the grass and encourage fungal diseases.